Monday, December 04, 2006

Encouragement for Mondays

Here's a song that I find encouraging, especially on Mondays! As I look ahead to a week of work, all the things that need to be done, the difficult things to do...I find my thoughts unyielding: confusion clouds my way,...but how needful it is to acknowledge the Lord in all I do: But, then when I bow to you, the challenges you guide me through.

Spend that time with the Lord every morning! Ravi Zacharias once said, "The biggest battle you will face in life is your daily appointment with God; keep it, or every other battle will become bigger."

(Click to hear a 90 sec. sample)

Grace
by Carolyn Hamlin

Lord, as I seek your guidance for the day,
I find my thoughts unyielding: confusion clouds my way,
But, then when I bow to you, the challenges you guide me through,
Your promises are ever new: I claim them for today.

Your will cannot lead me where your grace cannot keep me.
Your hand will protect me: I rest in your care.
Your eyes will watch over me: Your love will forgive me.
And when I am faltering, I still will find you there.

Each new day’s design is guided by your hand,
And graciously revealed as I seek your Master plan.
Keep my footsteps faithful when from you I go.
Return me to the joy that your blessings can bestow.

Your will cannot lead me where your grace cannot keep me.
Your hand will protect me: I rest in your care.
Your eyes will watch over me: Your love will forgive me.
And when I am faltering, I still will find you there.

Your eyes will watch over me,
Your love will forgive me,
And when I am faltering,
Lord, I will find you there.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! I've heard this song many times on the radio and have always loved it, but apparently didn't listen to the words very well because they really hit home just now. Thanks for posting that! It's not just Monday encouragement, but everyday encouragement for life!

Owen Family said...

I love these short verses: "Your promises are ever new"...and "Your love will forgive me". Such a FAITHFUL God we serve!

Thank you for the encouragement, Ryan!

-Chelsea

Anonymous said...

Ryan -
Thank you for posting these encouraging words from this song. Even though today is not a Monday, I needed the encouragement! My Mom just passed away about 6 weeks ago and there are many days that are hard to face...especially during the holiday season. Not sure how I would make it without the comfort of the Lord. A verse that has meant a lot to me is Lamentations 3:22-23 "Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning. Great is Thy faithfulness!" How amazing and wonderful! Praise the Lord even in the storms of life!

Because of Him,
Jena

Ryan said...

Jena,
I'm sorry to hear about your mom! I can't imagine what sorrow that would be. What a comfort that no matter how heavy the burdens He allows in our lives, He gives the grace and strength to bear it! Praise the Lord that He is our support and encouragement in such times of grief. May God continue to pour out His blessings and lovingkindness on you.

Anonymous said...

This is a really encouraging post, Ryan. Thank you! I especially appreciate that quote by Ravi Zacharias.

Anonymous said...

Dear Ryan,

I came across your post while searching for song samples for this song.

Thank you for the post. It's a really lovely song and I'm glad that it's been an encouragement to others.

I managed to locate an audio sample of the full song at https://www.lorenz.com/product.aspx?id=10_3625M.

Just thought you might like to know.

Keep pursuing the Lord!

Your brother in Christ,
Favian

Anonymous said...

Brother Ryan,

Thanks for posting the song. I can't help myself but fall into tears each time I hear this being reminded of God's faithfulness despite my shortcomings. I first heard this song in the church where I met my wife and since then this is on the top of our favorites list. We got married two weeks ago and it is my prayer that as we seek the Master's plan for our lives, He will graciously reveal it to us as we continue to grow in love each day.

Your brother in Christ,

Richie

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Thanks for posting the lyrics of the song Grace.. I have been looking for the lyrics of it since I heard it over the radio.
Such a wonderful song and I just can't help but cry when i came to read the lyrics (at last)..."Your will cannot lead me where your grace can not keep me... Your love will forgive me. And when I am faltering, I still will find you there." Talks about the Sovereignty of God and His unfailing love. He is Sovereign in all things yet He could still love the one with weak faith such as I.

Keep it up. May you'll continue to be a blessing to many people.

In Christ,

Joye

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
YOUR PERSONAL TUTOR said...

One of the best songs I ever heard... where can i have a copy of the whole song?

joshua stetar said...

What a beautiful song! I found this page while searching for the words to this song and I'm so glad I found it. It is difficult to find lyrics to old fashioned Christian music sometimes and it touched my heart when I read the words while listening to it. Thank you and keep trusting the Lord and encouraging others. :-)

in Christ,
Joshua Stetar

spain4christ said...

Thank you for posting these words. This song was sung in Spanish at our camp this past week and it was such a blessing to me as well as an encouragement. Thank you for making these lyrics available. Thank you for the encouragement.
In God's grip,
Sandy
Missionary to Spain