Monday, February 27, 2006

About Me

I am a Christian, a follower of Jesus Christ, seeking practical implementation of the logical outcome of a world view founded upon the God's truth. That means I want to be sold-out for God, but my flesh keeps getting in the way. My heroes are Jim Elliot, Peter Fleming, and Ed McCully, some of the five missionaries killed in Ecuador January 8, 1956 as they were making contact with a violent tribe of Indians in order to preach the gospel to them. They lived a life of denial of self, and their faith was placed wholly in God, that their lives would be lived according to His will.

I often analyze my thoughts and actions in order to understand why I do what I do, and compare them to God's absolutes and the characteristics befitting a follower of Christ. You may read some of these things in my blog. I seek absolutes. I seek God Himself. I want my life to match God's truth; I want to glorify God. I want to have a closer, truly personal relationship with my Lord.

On a less sublime note, I am quite artistic, though have little time to practice the graphic fine arts. And I think and learn visually.

7 comments:

Dave Adams said...

Ryan,

Here's to pursuing the undistracted life that Paul and Jim both spoke of!

To the Kingdom!

David

"Christianity, if false, is of no importance and, if true, of infinite importance. The one thing it cannot be is moderately important." ~ C.S. Lewis

Anonymous said...

Hi Ryan

I have somehow come across your blog and enjoy hearing your thoughts. Looking forward to future posts. I would love to hear your thoughts from the Word of God. I need to start blogging myself. Hope it will happen sometime this year.

In Christ,
Mark
www.believershome.com

Peggy Overstreet said...

Hi Ryan, really like your blog and your thoughtfulness, for such a young age.

When you have nothing else to do, if you like, you can check out my blog of word studies, stories, etc.

www.greekwordstudies.blogspot.com
www.pegsoddsandends.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Ryran,

You have a very nice blog. I've enjoyed looking around it some this afternoon. :-)

~Kelsey

Anonymous said...

Ryan,

How neat to come across your blog on the Rebelution! I actually know you by sight but not in person. I live in Maine, just down the road from some friends of yours. :) Nice to meet a fellow Rebelutionary!

-- Rachel

P.S. Praying for the book bomb!

Anonymous said...

I like your thoughts. Where are you? Why have stopped blogging. I would love to hear how things are going in your life.

Cait said...

I was just looking for the lyrics of the song "Grace" as the lyrics are a big encouragement to me. Your blog came up, and then I read some things you said about the song. Wow, was all that went through my mind! You like all of my role models besides Betty Elliot. You had also mentioned that you are artistic and learn visually. That's all me. I am certainly going to follow your blog. I thnk I have found my twin. :D lol